I love a good fritter. If there is ever corn fritters on a menu, I’m all over it. Especially if it comes with a poached egg on top (and some bacon). YUM!
I’ve been known to whip up a fritter or two at home as well, but I’ve recently adapted my recipe to cut the flour (which is a recurring theme if you have been reading my other recipes). So I replaced the flour with almond flour, and they came out perfect. You can really do any variation of these, with whatever veggies you have. You can even make them with only zucchini, but I don’t often use just one vegetable! This winning combo was Zucchini, Carrot and Pea. Tonight we made again and I added in very very finely chopped cauliflower and broccoli.
These are wonderful fresh and hot out of the pan with a poached egg & avocado on top, or add some fresh salmon and a side salad for lunch or dinner. They are also great on their own!
Give them a go and let me know what you think!
Zucchini, Carrot & Pea Fritters
Makes 6 medium
2 zucchinis, grated
1 carrot, grated
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup almond flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
2 free range eggs
- Toss the veggies in the almond flour and baking powder
- Lightly beat the eggs and add to the vege mix and combine well
- Heat your pan with a little olive or coconut oil
- Drop spoonfuls of the fritter mix into the hot pan
- Cook until brown on both sides, usually about 4 mins each side